1974 in video gaming
Notable releases[edit | edit source]
- February: Taito releases Basketball, an early example of sprite graphics, used to represent player characters and baskets. The same month, Midway licenses the game for a North American release under the title TV Basketball, making it the first Japanese game licensed for North American release.
- November: Taito releases Speed Race, designed by Tomohiro Nishikado. It introduces scrolling sprite graphics with collision detection, and features a racing wheel controller. Midway releases it as Wheels and Racer in the United States.
References[edit | edit source]
- Basketball at Museum of the Game
- Bill Loguidice & Matt Barton (2009), Vintage games: an insider look at the history of Grand Theft Auto, Super Mario, and the most influential games of all time, p. 197, Focal Press, ISBN 0-240-81146-1
- Speed Race at Museum of the Game
Video game releases[edit | edit source]
Lua error: Error: Table Games not found..
Hardware releases[edit | edit source]