1982 is a free-to-play retro-style game developed by Binary Zoo, who also made Echoes+. It was released on Steam for Microsoft Windows on June 28, 2017.
This is a retro-style blasta-thon.
This game was created using AppGameKit an easy, quick and powerful game development tool.
- Arcade - battle through 50 progressively difficult levels against some familiar early 80's home computer and arcade enemies.
- Survivor - how many points can you score with only one life?
- Time Attack - score as many points as you can in 3 mins. Unlimited energy, but each hit reduces your score multiplier
|Powerup||Color||Killing result||Catching/collecting result|
|Energy Power-ups||Green||Creates a large explosion||Restores player energy|
|Laser Power-ups||Red||Deploys a temporary horizontally firing laser turret||Grants the player a temporary weapon increase|
|Rockets Power-ups||Purple||Deploys a temporary rotating rocket launching turret||Grants player a temporary rocket power-up|
|Shield Power-ups||Cyan||Creates a temporary portal that destroys all enemy bullets||Grants the player a temporary shield protecting against all impacts|
Each enemy kill is worth 1 pt x score multiplier. The Score Multiplier is increased by filling the kill gauge on the left of the screen. To do this string a lot of kills together quickly. Failing to kill anything causes the gauge to drop.
When a certain number of enemies reach the ground a Man will be abducted by a yellow saucer. As well as abducting Man the saucer takes x3 from your multiplier. Killing the saucer will allow Man to fall safely to the ground and the x3 multiplier is returned. The number of enemies reaching the ground needed to trigger an abduction reduces as the multiplier increases, since high multipliers are hard to defend.
Many in game actions such as killing certain enemies trigger a coin drop. Players can pick up the coins for extra points (5pts x multi), catch them for a further bonus (10pts x multi), and caught coins are indicated by a heart.
Complete any of these in game actions to trigger a bonus coin drop:
- Arcadia - Survive a level
- Astro Blaster - get a new high multiplier for your current game
- Major Havoc - trigger 2 Astro Blasters within 5 secs
- Missile Command - have 2 remote missile launchers active at the same time
- Laser Zone - have 2 remote lasers active at the same time
- Bomberman - kill lots of enemies in an energy power-up explosion
- Defender - stop any enemy reaching the ground for 30 secs
- Repulsar - Ram an enemy with your shields
- 2084 - rescue Man from the saucers 3 times in a row