3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures
3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures is an arcade-style mini-golf title, developed by Wanako Studios. The game features 36 holes, a customizable course editor, and multi-player for up to 4 players.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Powerups[edit | edit source]
- Ballgrow Makes your ball bigger
- Free Shot Get a free shot
- Bomb explodes your ball and any nearby opponents' balls
- Electric Shock destroys any opponents' balls that are close by
- Fire Ball makes a wall of fire
- Glue makes your ball leave a sticky trail of glue
- Oil makes your ball leave a slippery trail
- Shield protects your ball from attacks
- Spring makes your ball jump
- Vacuum Hole sucks the ball toward the hole
- Blow Hole blows the balls away from the hole
Development History[edit | edit source]
3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures was originally created in 2000, as a sequel to 3D Ultra Minigolf Deluxe, titled Mini Golf Maniacs for PC and PlayStation 2, which also was made by Sierra Online. In 2001, the Dynamix game division in charge of making the game was shut down by parent company Sierra Online. The game while nearly finished, went unreleased for five years until Wanako Studios completed development of the game in 2006.
The majority of the original game still exists in Minigolf Adventures, with graphical tweaks to the existing holes, replacement of the original animal characters with human players, and other hole additions. Original in game photos from Minigolf Maniacs, which are the base of Minigolf Adventures can be found here. All original game credits from the Dynamix team have been removed despite the majority of the game being created by them five years ago.
Lost Island Expansion[edit | edit source]
Reception[edit | edit source]
|Official Xbox Magazine||7.0/10|