|This video game-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
|Action, Puzzle, Casual|
|iOS, Android, Microsoft Windows and Nintendo Switch|
|Steam, itch.io, Play Store, App Store, Nintendo eShop, Microsoft Store, Epic Games Store|
Fantasy Violence and Mild Blood
|Forest Willard, Adriel Wallick|
|International Release Date(s)|
|Android, App Store, iOS and Play Store|
June 15, 2018
Steam and Microsoft Windows
August 18, 2018
December 15, 2020
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Among Us is an American online multiplayer sci-fi murder mystery, social deduction game developed and published by game studio Innersloth. It was released on June 15, 2018, on iOS, Android, and was later released on Steam on August 18, 2018.
The game takes place in a spaceship called The Skeld, an above-earth base called MIRA HQ, a planet base called Polus, and a Henry Stickmin-themed Airship, in which players each take on one of two roles, most being Crewmates, and a pre-determined number being Impostors.
The Impostors' goal is to covertly sabotage and kill the Crewmates before they complete all of their tasks; the goal of the Crewmates is to identify the Impostors, eliminate them, and complete tasks around the map; the players that are suspected to be Impostors may be eliminated via the largest amount of votes, which any player may do by calling an emergency meeting (except during a crisis) or reporting a dead body. If all Impostors are eliminated or all tasks were completed, the Crewmates win; however, if a critical sabotage stays unresolved after its cooldown or there is an equal number of Impostors and Crewmates, the Impostors win.
When it was initially released in June 2018, it garnered little attention from mainstream media. However, it received an influx of popularity in 2020 due to a large number of well-known Twitch streamers and YouTubers playing and streaming this game. As a response to the increased popularity, Innersloth announced a sequel to this game called "Among Us 2". However, a month later, the sequel was canceled because the developers shifted focus to improving the original game.
References[edit | edit source]
- Among Us. Retrieved on April 13, 2021 on Innersloth.
- Wes Fenlon (September 24, 2020). How Among Us became so wildly popular. Retrieved on April 13, 2021 on PC Gamer.
- Innersloth (August 18, 2020). Among Us 2. Retrieved on April 13, 2021 on itch.io.
- Innersloth (September 23, 2020). The Future of Among Us. Retrieved on April 13, 2021 on itch.io.
- Nintendo (December 15, 2020). Among Us - Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch. Retrieved on April 13, 2021 on YouTube.
- Xbox (December 17, 2020). *pops out of vent* Oops, we've been caught. @AmongUsGame comes to Xbox and @XboxGamePass in 2021! http://xbx.lv/3nvUIf8. Retrieved on April 13, 2021 on Twitter.