|Computer and video games|
|Donald Mustard, Founder|
Geremy Mustard, Founder
Chair Entertainment Group is an American video game developer based in Provo, Utah.
Soon after, Chair licensed the literary rights to its Empire property to best-selling author Orson Scott Card (Enders Game). The novel Empire was published by Tor Books and debuted as a New York Times Best-Seller in November 2006. Card has since released the literary sequel Hidden Empire and committed to writing additional novels for the series. Chair also secured an option with Joel Silver and Warner Bros. for the Empire movie, which is currently in development. Additionally, Chair has retained the rights to produce future video games and comic books based on its Empire property.
Chair began production on its first Xbox Live Arcade game, Undertow, in the fall of 2006. Released on November 21, 2007, Undertow is a fast-paced, action-shooter that takes place entirely underwater. Upon release, Undertow won numerous E3 and Editor's Choice awards and was named Xbox Live Arcade Game of the Year by Official Xbox Magazine.
On January 29, 2008, Chair announced it had acquired the interactive rights to Orson Scott Card's novel Ender's Game with plans to adapt the best-selling novel as a digitally distributed video game for all viable downloadable platforms.
On August 19, 2009 Chair released its second game, Shadow Complex, exclusively for Xbox Live Arcade. The "modern and masterful side-scroller" was published by Microsoft Game Studios and won more than 45 Game of the Year and 35 E3 and Editors Choice Awards. The game was released to positive reviews, with a score of 88 out of 100 on Metacritic.com as of July 10, 2010. Shadow Complex featured a story written by famed comic book author Peter David and was based on Chair's Empire property.
- Shadow Complex
- Chair Entertainment. Retrieved on 2008-01-29
- Chair Entertainment Projects Page (2006-06-27).
- Joel Silver builds 'Empire' with Chair (2006-11-13).
- MTV News Feature on Chair (2007-08-05).
- Newsweek Exclusive: Chair Entertainment Reveals Plans for 'Ender's Game' Video Games. Retrieved on 2008-01-29
- Press Release: Chair Entertainment Acquires Interactive Rights for Ender's Game (2008-01-29). Retrieved on 2008-01-29
- Exclusive Interview: Chair Entertainment's Donald and Geremy Mustard Shed Some Light On 'Ender's Game'. Retrieved on 2008-01-29
- Metacritic Page for Shadow Complex. Retrieved on 2008-08-22
- Brandon Boyer (2008-05-20). Epic Games Acquires Undertow Developer Chair. GamaSutra. Retrieved on 2008-05-20