|This game or video game-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
|Creamative, Maple Whispering Limited|
|Microsoft Windows, Android and iOS|
|International Release Date(s)|
August 6, 2020
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Clan N is a pixelated action game developed by Creamative and published by Creamative and Maple Whispering Limited. It was released for iOS and Android devices, and had a Steam release for Microsoft Windows on August 6, 2020.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
This beat'em'up game combines classic arcades gameplay and modern brawlers. With a fast paced nature, the player has to have to dodge, block and use their attacks to progress. The player is challenged across 7 different levels with many different enemies, mid/end level bosses and casual mini games integrated into main gameplay.
Story[edit | edit source]
Akuji is a former samurai of the Clan N that discovered the balance of the world lies in three areas: Peace, Knowledge, and Time. Akuji found that if you knock the world of one of these, you can harness the powers of “spiritual imbalance” and grow stronger from it. As a result of pursuing spiritual imbalance, he was shunned from the samurai temple and kicked out of Clan N.
What Akuji didn’t know was that attaining spiritual imbalance would not only give you dark powers, it consumed light and the purity of life. Following his banishment from the temple and Clan N, Akuji was able to destroy peace by slaughtering villages and retain the power of those he killed, thus absorbing conflict and electric sorcery abilities, becoming the most powerful sorcerer warrior in the Far East. While he continued to grow, Akuji formed Seishin Gun, the spirit group, to join his conquest and remove anyone standing in their path.
Once his actions were discovered by Clan N, they set on a journey to stop the villainous pillaging by Akuji and Seishin Gun.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Reina and Daiki are siblings who grew in a southern samurai clan. Reina was not taught the teaching of the clan like her brother Daiki but still observed and learned the ways mastering the staff. She eventually took onto shamanism as well becoming one of the first shinobi shamans in the land as a young woman.
- Akira was a childhood friend adopted into the clan as a lost child wandering in the outer lands chased by a pack of wolves, barely making it to the village. Daiki’s father took the child in and raised them, although Akira typically covers himself from head to after severe scarring.
- Tarou was from the same monastery as Akuji (prior to his joining of Clan N) and learned under the same teachers. Akuji returned to the Monk’s temple many years later and stole an ancient scroll that explained how to destroy the pillars of balance and extract their spiritual imbalance. In pursuit of Akuji, Tarou traced his steps to Clan N. After explaining the situation to the existing three members, they all decided to team up and take down Akuji.
Features[edit | edit source]
- A fast paced beatemup which combines the classic arcades gameplay with today's modern brawlers.
- A main story with 7 levels divided into more than 50 sections.
- Levels contain casual minigames which are tightly integrated into the main story and can be played separately as well.
- Can be played as local or online coop with up to 4 players.
- A slick and clean pixel based graphics with accompanying far east inspired music and sfx.