The bureaucrat status is occasionally granted to senior members of well established editing communities. They have all the permissions of an administrator, plus the ability to promote registered users to the administrator level and use RevisionDelete. This level of responsibility is sometimes also granted on Gamepedia wikis to specified game company representatives when they have indicated a desire to be actively involved in the wiki's growth and development.
Users chosen to be bureaucrats have demonstrated over time their knowledge of how wikis work, their sensible and balanced judgment while interacting with members of the community, and their trustworthiness to not abuse their position.
Bureaucrats are expected to be the final mediator in user disputes when administrators are either unable to resolve a situation, or are personally involved in the dispute. Bureaucrats who are inactive for an extended period of time will lose their status.
- Block a username, hiding it from the public
- Block other users from editing
- Bypass IP blocks, auto-blocks and range blocks
- Delete and undelete specific log entries
- Delete and undelete specific revisions of pages
- Modify abuse filters
- Modify abuse filters with restricted actions
- Not be affected by rate limits
- Overwrite existing files uploaded by oneself
- Unblock oneself
- View abuse filters