Day 1 Studios is an American game developer that operates in Chicago, Illinois and Hunt Valley, Maryland.
They worked in tandem with developer FASA Interactive to create their first two games MechAssault, which Microsoft used to promote their Xbox Live service, and MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf. They recently finished working with Monolith Productions to make the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 console ports of F.E.A.R..
In 2006, Day 1 signed a deal with LucasArts to develop science fiction video game Fracture. It has had mixed reviews by the gaming press. In 2010 Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced that they would be developing the third installment in the F.E.A.R. franchise entitled F.E.A.R. 3. and first announced using the title F.3.A.R. which was later confirmed as just for advertising.
Games under Meyer/Glass Interactive (1998-2000)
- Axis & Allies -- PC (1998)
- Missile Command -- PC, PS1 (1999)
- Avalon Hill's Diplomacy -- PC (1999)
- Battleship: Surface Thunder -- PC (2000)
Games under Day 1 Studios (2001-present)
- MechAssault -- Xbox (2002)
- MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf -- Xbox (2004)
- F.E.A.R. -- Xbox 360 (2006), PS3 (2007)
- Fracture -- Xbox 360, PS3 (October 2008)
- F.E.A.R. 3 -- PC, PS3, Xbox 360 (2011)