|This article needs to be cleaned up. More information may be found in this article's talk page.|
|“||Master of dimensions, the pleaser of crowds... I am...Dimentio!||„|
Dimentio's Super Paper Mario artwork.
|Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros.|
|Count Bleck (formerly)|
Count Bleck's minion (formerly)
Magic, iIllusions, Brainwash
|Super Paper Mario|
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
He has a very sinister nature and is a very powerful magic user. When he talks, Dimentio often speaks in riddles and humorous metaphors. Dimentio is also the hidden, primary antagonist of the game.
Powers and abilities
Dimentio is capable of several magic powers.
- Teleportation: Dimentio appears to be able to travel over great distances in impossible amounts of time. He often uses this power to his advantage; Dimentio rapidly teleports around during battle.
- Dimensional Flipping: Like Count Bleck and Mimi, Dimentio is capable of flipping between 2-D and 3-D at times during the game and battle moments.
- Projectiles: Only Dimentio is seen using this move in the game. Dimentio uses this move only during battles and once near the end of the game. The projectiles themselves resemble stars with the same coloration as Dimentio.
- Magic Box: Dimentio can summon boxes that explode, causing damage to anyone inside. The boxes can be jumped on and Dimentio can't move while the boxes are in play. He is seen doing a similar move in certain cut scenes where instead of just hurting the victim, it causes instant game over.
- Clone - Dimentio has been seen to be able to produce a high number of clones of himself at a time. Only the real Dimentio will receive the damage. During battle he can make 2-3 clones to fight with.
- Invisibility - A commonly seen ability, he uses this to sneak around and gather information in Count Bleck,s conversations with Nastasia. Dimentio also uses this in battle to inflict unexpected attacks.
Super Paper Mario
In Super Paper Mario, Dimentio first encounters Mario when Mario is passing through the Yold Desert.hen Fracktail, a giant robot dragon, presents Mario with a Pure Heart, Dimentio teleports in and damages Fracktail, causing him to end up in battling Mario. Dimentio is sent again by his master, Count Bleck, to attack Mario. Dimentio does so, by the time Mario reaches the Dotwood Tree in the Bitlands. He warps them to a Dimension of his creation, Dimension D. He claims that this new dimension will increase the jester's abilities 256 times his normal abilities. Luckily the same happens to Mario, who defeats Dimentio.
Dimentio later appears in the Floro Caverns of World 5. He appears shortly after Mario defeats O,Chunks, where he attaches a Floro sapling to O'Chunks, thus controlling his mind. Dimentio, being a jokester, dubs this new minion "O'Cabbage". O'Chunks is defeated in Dimension D, but Mario keeps the extra Floro Sapling which falls from O'Chunks head after the fight which you can pick up and wear.
After Sammer's Kingdom is destroyed, Dimentio returns to the obliterated land. When Mr. L fails to defeat Mario, Dimentio confronts him telling him that he isn't worthy to face Count Bleck again, so he banishes Mr. L to the Underwhere. Later, when the three heroes meet at Merlon's house to discuss the broken Pure Heart, Dimentio appears and tells them that there is nothing in this world that could fix the heart. He then sends them to the next world, by banishing Mario, Peach and Bowser to the Underwhere,a place where video game characters go when they have their game over.
Dimentio however, was actually planning to betray his master. When Bleck is defeated at the end, Dimentio tries to deliver a finishing blow to Count Bleck by firing a magic blast at him. However, Count Bleck's assistant, Nastasia, gets in front of him and takes the fatal blow instead, injuring her in the process. Dimentio then mocks Nastasia for her sacrifice, and grabs the Chaos Heart. He then brainwashes Luigi with a Floro Sprout, and combines both Luigi and the Chaos Heart to create Super Dimentio, the true final boss and facedown of the game.After brainwashing Luigi, Dimentio sends Count Bleck and Nastasia to Dimension D where he plans to kill them all later. After the game ends, unlike the rest of Count Bleck's minions, he is not in Flipside, Flopside, or anywhere else in the game. His fate is yet to be seen.He is presumably in the Underwhere since he had his game over.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Despite Dimentio not present in Ultimate he makes an appearance as a primary spirit. As a spirit, Dimentio was one of the characters to transform into disembodied souls trapped by Puppet Fighters. To claim Dimentio's spirit, the fighter must defeat the puppet fighter of Meta Knight and Luigi in his purple costume.