|Game Series||Street Fighter series|
|First Appearance||Street Fighter|
|Birthdate:||December 31, 1953|
|Dis-Likes:||Ungentlemanly behavior, unrefined fellows|
|Hobbies:||Golf (handicap 0)|
Eagle(イーグル) is a character in the Street Fighter fighting game series. He is named after the Golfing term "Eagle." The other British character from the first Street Fighter; Birdie is also named after a golf term.
Eagle was born in the UK, possibly in the late 1950s. A cold-blooded individual, Eagle is a bouncer who was employed as a newly-rich noble family's bodyguard during the first World Warrior tournament. He was hired to defeat Sagat, but was unsuccessful and returned to the bar scene, eventually becoming a living legend. In the GBA version of Street Fighter Alpha 3, Eagle sought to perfect the beauty in his fighting style.
Eagle is a tall, muscular fighter with blond hair arranged in a pompadour. In the original Street Fighter, Eagle's outfit consisted of a tuxedo without the jacket, a bow tie, and suspenders. However, in Capcom vs. SNK 2 and the PSP and GBA versions of SFA3, he wears a white dress shirt with a red ascot tie, black pants, white gloves, and of course, his braces (suspenders). His pomp, braces (suspenders), and formal dress make Eagle some sort of mixed counter-culture counterpart to Birdie, a punk.
- Of all the characters in the original Street Fighter, Eagle is the only one whose second appearance would not be within the Street Fighter II or Street Fighter Alpha series. In his case, it was Capcom vs. SNK 2. He did, however, join the SFA series afterwords in the GBA and PSP version of Street Fighter Alpha 3.
- Eagle appeared in the pages of Masahiko Nakahira's Street Fighter Alpha manga years before his actual comeback in the games. The same happened with Maki in the Sakura Ganbaru manga. Both made their comeback in Capcom vs. SNK 2 with slight redesigns inspired by their manga appearances.
- Eagle has the same fighting style like Mr.Big from the King of Fighters series possessing some attributes alike.
- Each of Eagle's special/super moves are named after a British city, locale, or historical reference.
- Canterbury Blue
- Liverpool White
- Manchester Gold
- St. Andrews Green
- Oxford Red
- Union Jack Platinum
- In the original Street Fighter, Eagle's stage is in front of a castle (presumably that of the noble family he works as a bodyguard for) standing in British countryside and overlooking a lake in a valley. The English castle background from Street Fighter II - i.e., the background where Cammy fights - is reminiscent of Eagle's background.
- Dudley also wears a tuxedo and hails from England. Necro is completely different from Eagle in terms of visual appearance, but two of Necro's special moves (i.e., Flying Viper and Tornado Hook) are highly reminiscent of Eagle's moves from the original Street Fighter.
|Street Fighter and Related Characters|
|Adon – Birdie - Geki - Mike - Joe - Lee - Eagle – Gen – Ken – Retsu - Ryu – Sagat|
|Street Fighter II|
|Akuma – Balrog – Cammy – Blanka – Chun-Li – Dee Jay – Dhalsim – E. Honda – Fei Long – Guile – M. Bison – T. Hawk – Vega – Zangief|
|Street Fighter Alpha|
|Charlie – Dan – Juni and Juli – Karin – Ingrid – R. Mika – Rose – Sakura|
|Street Fighter III|
|Alex – Dudley – Elena – Gill – Ibuki – Makoto – Necro – Oro – Q – Remy – Sean – Twelve – Urien – Yang – Yun|
|Street Fighter IV|
|Abel – C. Viper - El Fuerte - Gouken – Hakan – Juri – Rufus - Seth|
|Street Fighter V|
|F.A.N.G. - Laura - Necalli - Rashid|
|Belger – Carlos – Cody – Dean – Guy – Hugo – Kyle – Lucia – Maki – Mike Haggar – Poison – Rolento – Sodom|
|Goutetsu - Street Fighter EX characters|