FIFA Football 2003, known as FIFA Soccer 2003 in North America and commonly known as FIFA 2003 or FIFA 03, is a football video game released in October 2002 produced by Electronic Arts and released by EA Sports.
FIFA 2003 is the tenth game in the FIFA Football series and the seventh to be produced in 3D. A number of new features were added to improve upon the previous version. Club Championship Mode was introduced with the feature of playing against 17 of Europe's top clubs in their own stadiums and the fans singing their unique chants and songs. A TV-style broadcast package gave highlights at half-time and full-time, as well as comprehensive analysis. One of the most anticipated new features was EA Sport's "Freestyle Control" which allows the user to flick the ball on and lay it off to team mates. Other additions include greater likenesses of players such as Thierry Henry and Ronaldinho, as well as realistic player responses.
The European cover featured Roberto Carlos in Brazil's kit, Ryan Giggs in his Manchester United shirt and Edgar Davids in Juventus colours. In the USA, Landon Donovan appeared on the cover in Roberto Carlos' place.
- a.mia - "Jumpin' to the Moon (Unexplored Field Mix)"
- Antiloop - "In My Mind"
- Avril Lavigne - "Complicated (Pablo La Rossa Vocal Mix)"
- Bedroom Rockers - "Drivin'"
- Dax Riders - "Real Fonky Time"
- Dog - "Force"
- Idlewild - "You Held the World in Your Arms"
- Kosheen - "Hide U"
- Kosheen - "Pride"
- Ms. Dynamite - "Dy-Na-Mi-Tee"
- Safri Duo - "Played A-Live (The Bongo Song)"
- Sportfreunde Stiller - "Independent"
- Spotrunnaz - "Bigger and Better"
- Timo Maas - "To Get Down (Fatboy Slim Remix)"
- The Chemical Brothers - "Galaxy Bounce" (available as a modifications and hacks (PC version only) but not included in the original game)
Playable Teams and Leagues
- Austrian T-Mobile Bundesliga
- Belgian Jupiler League
- Brazilian League (still not in the Campeonato Brasileiro format)
- SAS Ligaen
- FA Premier League
- Ligue 1
- German Bundesliga
- Serie A
- Major League Soccer
- Norwegian Tippeligaen
- Scottish Premier League
- Spanish Primera
- Swedish Allsvenskan
- Swiss Axpo
Teams in Rest of the World
Teams in Club Championship Mode