|This game or video game-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
HROT is a retro shooter game developed and published by Spytihněv. It was published on Steam for Microsoft Windows on January 29, 2021.
This is a single-player retro FPS set in a small socialist country neighboring Soviet Union (Czechoslovakia) after an unspecified disaster in 1986.
The player starts in a civil defense shelter deep under a Prague Metro station. As a proud holder of the military readiness badge, they put on a non-functioning gas mask, load the vz. 52 pistol and protect the peace and their socialist homeland from the intruders.
- The classic gameplay and vibe of romeric shooters from 1990s including a fitting brown retro aesthetic.
- You'll find a shotgun, a vz. 13 SMG, a rocket launcher and even some secret experimental Soviet battery-powered weapons (e.g. a ball lightning launcher). If you run out of ammo, you might find the hammer and sickle coming in handy.
- Handcrafted levels inspired by real locations with an emphasis on historical details. Every level contains socialist paraphernalia.
- Flushable toilets and destructible light bulbs.
- A custom engine written in Pascal imitating 1990s software-style rendering with unfiltered textures and polygon jitter.