|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|
KNACK is an action platform video game, originally bundled with the initial release of the PlayStation 4 console.
War has been brought against mankind by a resurgent species known as Goblins, led by Gundahar. Dr. Vargas studied ancient relics from a long lost civilization for many years, and has found a way to bind them together and give them consciousness. The result is Knack, a creature with mysterious powers. He can incorporate more relics into his body as he finds them, which allows him to transform from a three-foot tall creature into a gigantic wrecking machine. Dr. Vargas believes that Knack will be an invaluable asset in the war against the Goblins, until it becomes clear that an even greater danger is posed by elements of the human community.
The game's director, Mark Cerny, has described the game as a mix of Crash Bandicoot and God of War. The gameplay is linear, with players having control of Knack but not the camera. It is played in third-person perspective with a 2.5 angle.
Overall, KNACK received mixed reviews.
- Noble, McKinley (November 13, 2013). PS4 platformer Knack is a fun adventure that fails to think big (review). VentureBeat. Retrieved on November 22, 2013
- Knack for PlayStation 4 Reviews. Metacritic. Retrieved on November 22, 2013
- Bramwell, Tom (November 13, 2013). Knack review. Eurogamer. Retrieved on November 22, 2013
- Helgeson, Matt (November 13, 2013). Bringing Old-School Platforming To Next-Gen. Game Informer. Retrieved on November 22, 2013
- Cooper, Hollander (November 13, 2013). Knack review. GamesRadar. Retrieved on November 22, 2013
- McShea, Tom (November 13, 2013). Knack Review. GameSpot. CBC Interactive. Retrieved on November 22, 2013
- Butts, Steve (November 13, 2013). Knack Review. IGN. IGN Entertainment. Retrieved on November 22, 2013