Lemmings Paintball (known as Lemmings Play Paintball during development) is a game from the Lemmings franchise made by Visual Science and published by Psygnosis. The game was released in 1996.
Unlike most of the other Lemmings games, it does not use a side-scrolling perspective but instead an isometric view of the levels. The gameplay is also very different from other Lemmings games, focusing on splattering enemies with paint from a gun. The levels contain various puzzles including moving platforms, lemming catapults, and trampolines.
Objects available in the game include:
- Duplicator: Can be used to create additional lemmings up to the maximum amount of four. Can also replace lemmings killed in action.
- Switch: Can be used to open and close gates, lower platforms and so on.
- Gate: Gates block certain areas in a level. They can be opened using a switch or key. Keys can be found in exploding crates.
- Exploding crate: Contain a key or a catapult.
- Balloon: Can be used to transport a lemming through the air from one specific location to another.
- Web archive of Psygnosis's official Lemmings Paintball webpage
- Lemmings Paintball game review at GameSpot
- 'Lemmings Paintball' at MobyGames
- Lee's Lemmings Paintball Page