Paon (パオン) is a video game development company based in Japan. Through a partnership with Nintendo, the company has developed DK: King of Swing, DK: Jungle Climber and Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast. They also developed Hercules no Eikō: Tamashī no Shōmei, the fifth title of the Hercules no Eikō series.
When the company Data East went bankrupt, Paon became composed of former Data East staff and bought the rights to some of their games, including Karnov, Chelnov (sometimes known as Atomic Runner outside of Japan) and the Glory of Heracles series. They are now gradually releasing some of them on the Wii's Virtual Console. They have recently participated in the development of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. So far, Paon have developed games for the Wii, Gameboy Advance, DS and PS2.
Games developed by Paon
- New Horizon English Course 1 (Nintendo DS)
- New Horizon English Course 2 (Nintendo DS)
- New Horizon English Course 3 (Nintendo DS)
- The Wild Rings (2003, Microsoft Game Studios, Xbox)
- DK: King of Swing (2005, Nintendo, Game Boy Advance)
- Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast (2007, Nintendo, Wii)
- DK: Jungle Climber (2007, Nintendo, Nintendo DS)
- Glory of Heracles (2008, Nintendo, Nintendo DS)
- Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (2008, Namco (JP)/ Namco Bandai Games (US), Wii)