|Street Trace NYC|
|Release date||August 22, 2007|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
|Age rating(s)||ESRB: Everyone 10 and older (E10+)|
|Platform(s)||Xbox 360 (XBLA)|
|Arcade system||Arcade System Missing|
|Credits | Soundtrack | Codes | Walkthrough|
Street Trace NYC is a cel-shaded combat hoverboard racing game set in the Outer Boroughs of New York City by independent software developer Gaia Industries for the Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade service. The game gets its name from the New York City setting and the Tron-like light trails the hoverboards generate. The game was released on August 22, 2007, and costs 800 Microsoft Points ($10 USD).
The game features both single player and multiplayer play.
The single player game involves a story arc that comprises five tournaments which include 63 matchups and three bosses, as well as 18 "trial" games that will be posted on the Xbox Live online leaderboard. The player is awarded four types of medals depending on the skill of their performance (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum) in both the tournaments and trial games.
The game features two chief modes of racing: Racing and Arena:
- Racing games include:
- Screamer: standard racing without weapons
- Chaos: racing without a finish line - the race is "won" by collecting flags and shooting targets
- Streettrace: combat racing on extended tracks
- Arena games include:
- Flag: a Capture the flag variant in which flags are carried to a target for points
- Hunter: a version of Kill the Carrier
- Chaos: similar to the Racing version, except within an arena
- Takedown: a deathmatch game
The game allows two to four players on a single machine (split-screen), with up to four bots, and up to eight players online over Xbox Live.