Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (series)
|Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (series)|
|Telltale Games, Videlectrix|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (abbreviated SBCG4AP) is an episodic series of graphic adventure video games developed by Telltale Games based on the Homestar Runner web cartoon, with Strong Bad as the lead character. A total of five episodes were released for WiiWare and Microsoft Windows between August 11, 2008 and December 15, 2008.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People series is a series of video games that uses point and click mechanics. The player plays as Strong Bad, one of the most popular characters in the Homestar Runner online flash animation series, as he goes through his life, interacting with characters. Each game contains a different goal that the player must reach by talking to characters and using items.
Apart from the point and click mechanics, each episode features an arcade-style minigame. For example, the first episode features a top-down boxing game called Snake Boxer 5. Other features include a customizable map, hidden and collectible items such as 3×5 cards used to create Teen Girl Squad comics, and the ability to take pictures to send to friends through WiiConnect24 or by e-mail (depending on the version used).
Development[edit | edit source]
The series was first hinted at in a Homestar Runner short posted on YouTube, called "Strong Bad Gameways", a parody of pre-flight safety demonstrations with the Wii Remote. The game itself was officially announced on April 10, 2008 in a press release from Telltale Games. A second season may be made if the first season sells well.
According to Mark Darin, lead designer of the series at Telltale Games, both of the Brothers Chaps were quite involved in the production process of the games, even early on, "In the design phase, we have brainstorming sessions with them where they contribute to the ideas that will eventually become the plot of the episodes. Then one of our designers will write the episode script and pass that along to the brothers where they review, edit and rewrite whatever feels necessary to make the whole thing feel more “Strong Bad-y.”
Episodes[edit | edit source]
- Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner
- Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free
- Episode 2: Baddest of the Bands
- Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective
- Episode 5: 8-Bit Is Enough
References[edit | edit source]
- Squires, Jim (2008-05-23). TheBBPS talks with Telltale Games. TheBBPS.com. Retrieved on 2008-05-24
- Harris, Craig (2008-04-15). Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Hands-on. IGN. Retrieved on 2008-06-13
- Morganti, Emily (2008-06-05). Top-secret SBCG4AP news!. The Telltale Blog. Telltale Games. Retrieved on 2008-06-13
- Frequently Asked Question. Telltale Games. Retrieved on 2008-04-11
- Telltale Games (2008-04-10). "Announcing Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People for WiiWare". Press release. http://www.telltalegames.com/company/pressreleases/id-65. Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast, Episode 31. IGN.com (2008-12-15). Retrieved on 2009-01-07
- Interview with Matt Chapman, Mike Chapman, Mark Darin. Adventure Classic Gaming (2008-12-23). Retrieved on 2009-02-23
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People at Telltale Games
- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People at Homestar Runner Wiki