The Sugar Rush app is a Leap Motion version of the browser-based Sugar Rush Speedway. However, Vanellope, King Candy, and the recolors are not playable. Unlike in the browser-based version, there is only one lap in each race and Eight racers will appear on the racetracks. The Syrup Puddle item was removed from the app when there were upgrades like Bake a Kart.
One major difference was that the editing and graphical work is more polished than in the browser-based version.
Playable Characters 
- Taffyta Muttonfudge
- Snowanna Rainbeau
- Minty Zaki
- Crumbelina DiCaramello
- Jubileena Bing-Bing
- Gloyd Orangeboar
- Adorabeezle Winterpop
- Rancis Fluggerbutter
- Swizzle "The Swizz" Malarkey
- Vanellope Von Schweetz
Sugar Rush - Gives you a speed boost.
Sweet Seeker - Hits the racer in front of you; goes backwards to the racer in second or eighth if your in first.
Sticky Slick - Slows whomever hits it.
Cherry Bomb - Explodes if an opponent hits it.
- According to a gameplay on Youtube, after the player create's their kart then choose's a circuit, only 3 circuits are shown Cakeway, Frosty Rally and Sugar Rush. Another gameplay showed Gloyd Orangeboar racing on the Sweet Ride track.
- A few of the tracks have a few changes. Sweet Ride is a checkered yellow road and Frosty Rally is still white ice cream but with chocolate sprinkles as side barriers. Instead of just red lollipops on the Sweet Ride circuit there are also purple and green lollipops.
- King Candy is playable in the browser-based Sugar Rush Speedway, but is not playable in the Sugar Rush App.
- On June 30, 2019, the old Leap Motion App Store was officially retired. As such, games, including Sugar Rush, can no longer be purchased from the store. Essentially, the game has been retired.