|This game or video game-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
The Eternal Cylinder is an open-world survival adventure game developed by ACE Team and published by Good Shepherd Entertainment. It was released on Epic Games for Microsoft Windows sometime in 2021.
In The Eternal Cylinder, players control a herd of adorable creatures called Trebhums and must explore a strange alien world filled with exotic lifeforms, surreal environments, and the constant threat of the Cylinder, a gargantuan rolling structure of ancient origin that crushes everything in its path. In this unique alien ecosystem, real-time world destruction, animal AI, and organic exploration and puzzle design all combine to deliver an unforgettable adventure.
Your Trebhums begin at the bottom of the natural food chain but can mutate and evolve with new physical attributes and abilities by eating a variety of flora and fauna. Discover and adapt to dozens of mutations, including new traversal skills like flying and swimming to reach new areas, and new senses to help overcome puzzles and dangers. Your many Trebhums can each have different mutations, empowering you to create a unique herd. Each mutation will also change the physical look of a Trebhum and stacking these will generate surprising new creature designs that players will be able to organically discover as they explore this unique alien world.
- Unforgettable Alien World to explore: Players must explore a gorgeous world that is populated with unforgettable vistas and unique landscapes which have something new to discover around every corner.
- Solve ancient mysteries: Explore the world to discover a vast array of challenging puzzles to solve and overcome.
- Real-Time World Destruction: Everything in the world can be destroyed in real-time by The Eternal Cylinder, so players must continuously evade its destructive path in order to survive whilst marvelling at the visual splendour of its godlike power.
- Build Your Own Alien Family: Develop a nomadic herd of unique alien creatures called Trebhums. Players control one Trebhum from the herd at a time and the rest follow, but you can switch to any individual member of their herd at will. Explore the world to rescue more of your brethren and continuously expand your family. Control a herd that can grow to more than 20 members at any given time and imbue each of your Trebhums with their own unique mutations and skillsets. Players can create a custom name for each of their Trebhum, increasing the emotional bond between player and their Trebhum family.
- Unique Mutation System: Although Trebhum's are generally frail and start their lives at the very bottom of the world's food chain, they have the unique ability to mutate and unlock new skills by consuming natural edibles which populate the game world. So, players must explore and experiment with a vast array of fruits, flora and alien creatures to unlock new powers and gameplay options.
- 50+ Mutations to discover: Players can unlock more than 50+ unique mutations as they explore the world, each one of which enables new gameplay options. These include new traversal options such as the ability to fly and swim, but also new offensive moves like the ability to spit fire and create loud warning noises. New mutations allow players to explore new areas and some mutations stack thus creating a truly expansive skill set that is constantly evolving.
- A Trebhum for everyone: Enjoy a rich variety of Trebhum designs, as each mutation combines with one another to create surprising new creatures. This allows your herd to continue to evolve as you explore new areas.
- Story-Driven Exploration: The Eternal Cylinder features a deep and engrossing story for players to uncover as they continue to explore the alien world. The game explores themes of family and heritage, and the lasting power of knowledge.
- Layered Survival: Players will need to manage multiple resource layers in order to be able to survive. These include hydration level, various temperatures each with its own impact and stamina.
- Living and Breathing Ecosystems: The world of The Eternal Cylinder is populated with more than 30 memorable handcrafted alien creatures. These creatures vary greatly in size and range from those smaller than a Trebhum, all the way to skyscraper-sized leviathans who dominate the horizon. Each of these creatures features its own dedicated Al and behaves in natural ways. Players must learn their unique behaviours and discover surprising ways to utilize the natural food chain to their advantage and interact with every creature.
- 4 Unique Biodomes lo Discover and Explore: Players can explore 4 unique biodomes including alien savannas and infected habitats, each with its own dedicated ecosystems and unique creatures to discover.