|Developer(s)||The Odd Gentlemen (XBLA), 2K China (Windows)|
|Publisher(s)||2K Play (XBLA), Valve (Windows)|
|Release date||February 17, 2010 (XBLA)|
|Age rating(s)||ESRB: E|
|Platform(s)||Xbox 360 (XBLA), Windows (Steam)|
|Arcade system||Arcade System Missing|
|Credits | Soundtrack | Codes | Walkthrough|
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom is a puzzle platforming game for Xbox Live Arcade and Windows PC developed by The Odd Gentlemen. Previews for the game have praised its unique puzzle mechanics, comparing it favorably to Portal and Braid in the creativity of its puzzles. It was released on February 17, 2010. It was originally a student's graduate thesis at the University of Southern California. It was published by 2K Play. The game arrived on PC exclusively via Steam on April 20.
The player controls the main character, P.B. Winterbottom, to attempt to gather pies. The player may record an action and a clone will constantly repeat that action, serving as a platform, pie-fetcher, or other puzzle-solving device.
The game is visually presented like a silent film, reminiscent of art nouveau or films from the late 1800s/early 1900s. As such, there is no spoken dialogue, as all speech is instead shown through title cards in between stages. The game is also shown in mostly black-and-white and features a score primarily composed of piano-centric arrangements bearing a style similar to those of silent-era films.
1UP.com gave the game an A+ “Without the world that The Odd Gentlemen created around their pie-collecting platformer, Winterbottom would still be an addictive adventure with playful physics. But the carefully crafted setting, the intertwining of ingenious puzzles with a portly, gluttonous protagonist, makes this a terrific game that I wholeheartedly recommend you play immediately.”
Destructoid.com gave the game a 9.5/10 “All of the art is downright beautiful to look at and levels feel like paper dioramas. Both dirty yet refined, there's a simple elegance to every detail in the levels and story frames that draws you in.” 9.5/10 
GamePro Magazine gave the game a 4.5/5 “Wonderfully imaginative premise and puzzles; excellent visual design and stellar original soundtrack. The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom is a quirky and utterly lovable game but its true value is this: it strengthens the idea that DLC is a viable way for smaller development houses to get their content to market. It also reinforces the idea that it isn't the size of the budget or the team but rather the ideas and concepts that serve as a game's foundation. But that's just us waxing poetic -- at the end of the day, P.B. Winterbottom is fun, and really, that's what it's all about.”
- Valve Corporation (April 8, 2010). "2K Play's The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom Coming to Steam April 20, 2010". Press release. http://store.steampowered.com/news/3682/. Retrieved April 23, 2010.
- The Misadventures Of P.B. Winterbottom Preview: Me, Myself And Pie - The misadventures of p.b. winterbottom. Kotaku (2009-09-10). Retrieved on 2010-04-23
- Buchanan, Levi (2008-07-16). E3 2008: The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom - PC Preview at IGN. Pc.ign.com. Retrieved on 2010-04-23
- The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom Preview for the Xbox 360 from. 1UP.com. Retrieved on 2010-04-23
- CBR Games Roundup: February 2010. Comic Book Resources. Retrieved on 2010-04-23
- The Challenges of Designing in an Academic Context - Academia. Kotaku (2008-04-05). Retrieved on 2010-04-23
- Keane Ng posted on 26 Aug 2009 19:25 (2009-08-26). The Escapist : News : 2K Bringing Two Indie Games to XBLA. Escapistmagazine.com. Retrieved on 2010-04-23
- Review: The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. 1UP.com (2010-02-17).
- Review: The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. Destructoid.com (2010-02-23).
- The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. GamePro Magazine (2010-02-16).
fi:The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom sv:The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom