The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare is a game released for the Genesis and Super Nintendo that is based on the cartoon show of the same name.
Story[edit | edit source]
Bart Simpson falls asleep while studying and wakes up in a strange universe where TVs and fairies roam the streets. The player must find Bart's lost homework and progress through the various levels to keep the homework pages and eventually return to reality.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The street acts as a hub for the various worlds Bart must enter to win each page of his homework back, with the choice of two doors to open that would lead him to either of two worlds.
- Bartzilla, where Bart must stomp through the streets of Springfield and destroy the army with fire breath and visual lasers, after being zapped by a shrink ray, Bart climbs the Springfield State Building and fights "Homer Kong" and "Momthra."
- A journey into Bart's blood stream, where Bart must use an air pump to inflate and destroy germs. After collecting 5 atoms when the page is visible, the player wins. This mini-game has a cameo appearance from Smiling Joe Fission (a character from the first-season episode "Homer's Odyssey").
- Itchy and Scratchy, where Bart is being attacked by the "team up" duo, as well as various other household objects that become enemies (the oven shoots fire, the telephone explodes, Marge's Picture drops eyeballs, Pyro-Vacuums etc.) This is the only mini-game divided in two; Bart must play one half first and the other half next.
- Bartman, where Bart flies over Springfield as a superhero. Along the way he fights many bosses, including Sherri and Terri in a hot air balloon, Barney Gumble on a pink elephant, Waylon Smithers in a blimp (you face him twice), and eventually Mr. Burns in a biplane. Besides the enemies, Bart must avoid clouds of radioactive gas. Bart also receives soda bottles from Apu on a magic carpet in this level, which serve to raise his energy bar.
- Indiana Bart, where Bart must make through the balancing columns in "Temple of Maggie"
The player must try to keep Bart asleep for as long as possible to continue playing. If the player wakes up, the game ends with whatever grade Bart gets for his homework. It will also end when Bart gets all the pages of his homework.