Warcraft III: Reforged
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|
Warcraft III: Reforged is a HD remaster of the original Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion pack, The Frozen Throne, announced by Blizzard Entertainment at BlizzCon 2018 on November 3, 2018. The release date was given as 2019. Shortly after the Opening Ceremony, the game became visible on the Battle.net Launcher, and became available for pre-order. In late 2019, Blizzard announced that the game would miss the intended release date of 2019, and would instead be released in January 2020.
Features[edit | edit source]
Gameplay footage shown during the BlizzCon 2018 Opening Ceremony mentioned upgraded character models and game textures in 4K resolution, an updated and more powerful map editor, and improved multi-player features such as matchmaking.
Editions[edit | edit source]
Warcraft III: Reforged became available for pre-purchase immediately, and two editions were offered: Standard Edition (which just includes the game), and the Spoils of War Edition, which included additional loot for other Blizzard Entertainment video games. The following loot was confirmed on the first day:
- A Meat Wagon mount for World of Warcraft
- The Third War card back for Hearthstone
- Four heroes in Heroes of the Storm: Jaina Proudmoore, Thrall, Anub'arak, and Tyrande Whisperwind.
- A unrevealed pet in Diablo III
- As-yet unannounced goodies for both StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and StarCraft: Remastered.
[edit | edit source]
- Wowpedia, a Warcraft-encyclopedia